This is the time of year when people take stock of the past and make promises for the future. I’m not one for resolution-making as I can’t make new year plans for my life in let’s say July. My past has been checkered with detours and curve-balls so I don’t even bother anymore. This is not to say that there aren’t overall plans eh, it’s just that I’ll be taking it one day at a tiiiime (sweet Jesus!)
2014 was a year where I learnt many things (sometimes the hard way) and most of which I plan to carry into 2015. These include:
- sometimes it’s good to step out of the comfort zone even in the realm of self-doubt
- mental and physical health is of prime importance and stress will kill you
- in the face of temptation the strong say no, the regret is less
- learn the lessons given from regret
- everyday it’s important to draw the line in the sand as to how much shit you plan to take that day. this line can move forward or backward depending…
- time spent with the gremlinz is like oxygen for the lungs
- time spent alone with the husband also oxygenates
- i’m not as young as i was and this relates especially to my alcohol intake…
- it’s important to actually see my friends once in a while
- i make my own comfort
I suspect that there’s more via introspection but I’m good with this for now.
So here’s to 2015, new is the year and new are the hopes. May it bring to you the warmth and satisfaction you deserve!